1. Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix together. Then add the wet ingredients and mix to form a dough.
2. Once the dough has come together knead lightly (in or out of the bowl) until the dough is smooth. Cover and rest for 1 hour.
3. Pre-heat your oven to around 220°c.
4. Flour a work surface and roll the dough out to a thickness of around 2mm; turning the dough to ensure you can lift it from the surface.
5. Cut out your crispbreads to the desired size and cut a central hole. The offcuts can be balled up and rolled out again.
6. Lay the crispbreads flour side up on a baking sheet prepared with greaseproof paper.
7. Bake the crispbreads for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
8. Once removed from the oven allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
250g Rye Flour
175g Barley Flour
12.5g Dried Instant Yeast (powder not balls!)
2g Caraway Seeds
250g Lukewarm water
This recipe was adapted from: